About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, April 6, 2012

pestering...

Today...
A few minutes of calm before the storm...
Walking...
I LOVE outside...
Enjoying morning's song and spring's gifts...

All too soon I feel it...

Tiny in size... largely disruptive...
Shufflin' around... hitting different parts of my tootsie...
Something so small and yet so irritating!
Laziness... hindering me from taking off the walking aid...
If only I would stop.... remove the stone.
Instead of removing the obstacle... I walk on.
I let it steal focus.
Enjoyment turns to irritation.
Soon enough I am unable to see all the beauty around...
I allow and assist in the robbery.

Freedom... always issued... 
He offers help for the distraction...
He offers wisdom...
He offers strength...
All too often choosing laziness... I willingly house that which steals...
I walk on in distraction. 
Why do I continue to make space for pestering pebbles?
Hanging on to them like precious gems...
Why?
These hands... small but FULLY knowing and equipped...

I must CHOOSE to remove all hindrances... past... present... NOW...
Even the smallest stones can produce LARGE shifting of the mind and heart...

I must set my gaze on The Author of Truth... His eyes alone...fully seeing.
   
Out of His love... He invites me out of laziness...  

The more action my orange sneaks get... the more I run into contact with those little pests...
It's like someone is walking near strategically placing them in my path to trip me up.
Pebbles... not to be ignored... but removed...
One by one.
I got a lot of miles left to walk... 
Asking Him to ALWAYS walk at my side.
Accepting the gentle reminder to remove even the tiniest hindrances...
I still have many hills to climb... desiring wonder over wavering.
Callouses... they are sure to come....
NO TO BLISTERS that need not be!






No comments:

Post a Comment