About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, April 27, 2012

crazy eyes

Declarations...
Huge weapons in Kingdom battles.
Learning this art can leave me feeling like I am painting a Picasso with finger paints...
Retraining this ole' brain to conform... to take EVERY THOUGHT captive...
It is a big job.

Daily... I find myself straining to see through what the world would call crazy...
Every minute... longing for my wild vision to grow through these lenses...
Wanting to die to well-known striving... 
Tempted to seek clarity through these natural peepers.

Instead... 
I use my crazy eyes to see into circumstances that don't make sense...
Declaring His truths into the unseen... 
The all too many unknowns... 

Life...
It's enough to make any eyes google...

Another reason testimonies are so important...
Remembering+ His faithfulness=fertile soil.

Today... 
My family and I were blessed to spend time with a recounting expert...
She and her smalls have been an important part of our journey for over two years now...
Friendship birthed out of tragedy and triumph...

So thankful for The big hands that merge pain-filled stories...
For the faithful princess... a few steps down the road... faithfully teaching out of the 
tears of her own learning.

So... 
As the world tries to taint my view...
And gravity tugs on the eyes of my heart... 
I remember...
Those same strong arms... 
Always holding me tight.
The One who gave me new lenses and invites me to see with crazy eyes...

Graciously linking me with others who love and dance alongside...
Who ring around my rosies...
And willingly utter prayers of hope in the ashes...
When "all fall(s)" down...

Brothers and sisters like these remind...
My circumstances are not something I should try to escape...

I just need to remember to slip my specs back on.
My wild instruments...
Clarity conveyors...

Allowing me to see with smiling eyes... 
ALL the colorful bounty filling these arms from yesterday's unknowns...
Double portions of the miraculous...
When I celebrate what I have... room for more increases...
YES!

Wanting faith to increase.
Wanting to be faithFULL in the remembering.
It's important!

Putting my googly-glasses on today...
May magnification INCREASE!

"The weapons of our warfare they are MIGHTY THROUGH OUR GOD."
-Rick Pino











1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I need new eyes constantly!!! :)

    Thanks for this post especially!

    I do feel crazy... as I know you do too... but I want to SEE Him and be aware of what He's doing.

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete