About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

two... ripe

Some of the best trees take YEARS to provide enjoyable fruit.

Today... my bowl is filled with the juicy delights.

I have sown.  I have watered.  I have waited.... now...
I rest and enjoy....
Today....
I feast.

Thanking God and remembering today.
Charli is TWO...
A feisty big girl trapped in a one year old body...
Her size a reminder of where she has come from.

I am cautious to pause and recount.
I take time to notice and give thanks...
Just like Spring... SHE IS THRIVING.
The fragrance of her life is everywhere... most of the time this is a wonderful thing.

SO full of life... already such an adventurer...
Learning about her environment... content to sit "in it" and discover...
Fear pacified by silly sweetness... she touches... feels... wonders... 
She sees in ways that stretch her momma.

She has fallen in love with love... 
She embraces her names of affection.

I can honestly say... she lives out of a triple portion...
I see it in her.
She does not carry the burden of three... 
But, walks in multiple abundance...
Blossoms sewed in tears...
Now reaping one of the best harvests I have ever known...
His light so brightly revealed in her...
Radiance like I have never known...

I earnestly cry prayers of thanksgiving.

Remembering her brothers today...
Trees of life... blooming much too short from my view...
Stories casting beautiful riches all over the soil of my land...
Raining tears of beauty...
Watering the once hardened clay of my heart.

The day feels big...
I am a living example that some of the best fruit can come from even the smallest packages of seeds.
Light surrounds this little song...

And so today... I sing extra loud...
Songs of deep lament...
And songs of the greatest joy...
The baby birds have made the mama bird sing a new song...
So I sing...
Happy Day of birth and rebirth to the seen and unseen...
Instead of cake...
I feast on some of the richest fruit I have ever tasted... 
Finally ripe after years of waiting.
Celebrating life with thankfulness.



  







No comments:

Post a Comment