About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

From Bud

5:30...
It's when the magic is supposed to happen.
This street's alive...
Everyone surfaces.
Spring's excitement is in the air.
The big... busily helping the small make appropriate calculations...
5:45 
Still scooting around... still listening for the music...
This momma's heart swells... I actually find myself praying for the truck.
My ears strive to hear it's sound...

6:00 rolls around...
By appearances it was another "no show."
Good thing the Hopefuls don't live life by how things appear...

A few minutes after 6... 
Just moments after the words were uttered from my spirit... I hear it...
I HEAR IT!
I don't know who is more excited me or them???

I yell like a maniac...
I scream...
I can't believe I am the only one who hears...

The smalls come running with giggles...
I share more sweet news...
This treat is on Pastor... 
Though he is far away... tonight he will be sweetly present.
Childlike joy fills the air...
Hugs... given in abundance.
Feet fly towards the magical tune...
The tune that beckons every youthful heart to halt and come and taste...

Sure enough the melody makes its way...
It draws nearer and nearer to Hopeful's street...
Hearts race towards the waiting one's reward...
So many options...
Hands tightly grasped on what eyes have been fixed on for weeks...
Hope fulfilled is a tree of life bearing deliciousness for all who experience...
Especially the growing ones...
The driver of delights comments that next year will be her year...
She snickers... 
Patience... 
A hard theme in her life... and ours...

Thankful to learn from wise words today...
Words from my prince... freed up to expect...
"Momma, I hoped it did, and it did." 
Simple words with big meaning.
He hoped with his heart, and it happened.
The end.
I should hang that one up...
It makes me smile.

Another showing is scheduled for tomorrow/Tuesday...
Clinging to hope...
Praying for the music to come...
Ready to hold the sweet in my hands...
To taste the reward of Hope... 
So ready to enjoy the fruits of our trees... with Pastor... side by side.

LISTENING AND READY!

















No comments:

Post a Comment