About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

hail storm

After sewing much seed in the sunshine of yesterday...
Today... we awoke to a dark hailstorm.
Wow!
That's about all I know to say.
All the beautiful and bright...
Planted and watered with love...
Potentially destroyed by the elements.

Yesterday...
Filled with rhythms of joy and sorrowful reminders...
Dancing together...
Unwanted notifications of what we know to be true.
It's hard to watch your smalls weep all day because they know what is coming.
This too... has become routine.

Today's storm speaks to me with valuable questions...
Will I let the realities of today trample the miraculous blooms of yesterday?
As Pastor prepares to leave in just a couple of hours...
Going for his longest trip yet...
What will be my focal point?

Sensing and believing that yesterday was a "filling my tank" day.
The next two weeks will be quite a journey...
Wanting to live in the powerful light of truth....
Especially when my path is paved with the slick...
And my lens can't focus through the blur of my own tears...
Again...
Mind renewal is my best offering.
To praise out of pain.
To trust and seek His goodness.
To learn in all conditions.
To rest FULLY in HIM!

My heart is full of longing in regards to many things...
Today...
Right now...
I desire to bring flashes of His bright light...
When only stormy dark surrounds.
For... this too is the day the Lord has made...
It is only fitting that I rejoice and be glad.

Still learning.





No comments:

Post a Comment