About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, April 16, 2012

on the ball

In this game...
The game of life and following after the King...
I feel a bit clumsy...
How will I possibly get a home run when I don't even know how to hold a bat?
He is constantly teaching...
Reminding...
Revealing...
He keeps putting the tool back into these unskilled hands...

Ugh... It feels heavy, and my hands feel small...
He stands behind me... His strength holding up... whispering in my nervous ears...
"You can do it!"

My feet... planted in truth... still prone to stumble... discouragement comes too easily.
He stoops lower... eye level... lovingly speaking encouragement...

Instructing me... with the most important...
Keep your eyes fixed.  
Stay focused on the ball.
Crazily enough... 
I take the bat... 
With each swing... I grow a little stronger... chances for contact... a little greater.
Expectation builds.

Not getting stuck on the strikes... 
I remember my lessons...
I swing...
I practice...
Most times with my eyes closed in hope...
Still testing it out...

One day... 
Practice will make progress...

Thankful that He is joyful regarding my obedience...not perfection...
Always there... smiling and ready to catch... full of belief...
Cheering me on... waiting for me to knock that sucker out of the park.












No comments:

Post a Comment