About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

This Sabbath

Thank you, Jesus!

Even "cranks" as Bud calls them...
Rest on the Sabbath.

This "set apart" will be different for the Hopefuls.
The small Faith-Walkers will take off their shoes and rest apart from Pastor and myself...
Pastor... still in Ohio.
Me... I will be traveling to a different part of Ohio today with my brother.
My Grandfather passed away this week.

Our Sabbath will be spent reflecting...
Remembering.
Retelling.
Consoling.

This Sabbath... filled with sacrifice.  
Not because I could be doing something "more fun" or because it is a crazy, whirlwind of a trip... but because I will have to die to comfort.  
I will have to watch my mommy weep  and say "good-bye" to her daddy.

This Sabbath... well with my soul... so very hard on my heart.

Thankful for truth words being offered up across the world today.
Praying the Spirit would stir and lead...
That I might be an agent of healing... especially on this Sabbath....

Never forgetting one of the greatest truths taught to me in my youth... 
"There is NO time off from the Gospel." 
May I prove faithful!

Praying this Sabbath is Gospel-rich for you and your family... 
Full of rest and reflection.
Blessings,
The Hopefuls

No comments:

Post a Comment