About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

truth and light

Most mornings start out a bit groggy...
I have to rub off the slumber from my face... heart... and mind...

Most of the time caught staring in wonder...
Looking around to see... 
What is God up to today? 
What's He doing in and around me? 
How does He want me to partner?
The eldest documents the sweetest of stair steps... Hopefuls still learning to watch and wait.  

Some days I need more physical comfort than others...
My smalls are like little care packages of Joy...
I wrap my arms around and squeeze tight.
Sometimes I don't know who needs who more...
Their stories lead me through doors I wouldn't have chosen... but having walked through them... 
I would never go back.

As evening dark approaches... I have just a few minutes to process and reflect... 
In the silence... deep creeps in... 

Remembering what was... what could've still been...
Now... 
Just a pile of mulched story and dreams...
I must be so cautious during these times... I could all too easily partner with the enemy without knowing it...

I am a woman fully aware that some of the most extravagant beauty is busy blooming during the darkest of nights...
Like my favorite peonies... 
Singing with scent... love-songs connecting me to my far away grandma... 
They remind...
No matter how bitter the winter... blooming occurs every spring...
Right on time. 

In the dark I know...
Beauty will surely burst forth... I just have to wait for it...

Like this fella... using my backyard like a playground...
I need to remember that there is amazing adventures to be had in the dark...

Especially when you are certain of the light waiting on the horizon...
Bringing truth and victory...

Love... always motioning and extending His hand...
Tending and teaching...
Desiring us to dwell in FULLNESS of joy...
Whether it's morning bright or dark night.








No comments:

Post a Comment