About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

orchestra of love

Settling back in...
More of the same... hoping for the different.
Trying to remember my anchor... I ask the smalls to help...
We pray...we play... we look for joy.

This Princess Warrior offers her best gift... a Maestro of love...
She uses her arms to play music for my heart...
All day today she has given herself fully to me.
It's as if she has made an agreement with the Lord to lavish...

We sit in the sunshine... rays burning bright... sweat fills her baby head... still she presses into me...
Offering her immense light and warmth...
I watch and wonder... 
I receive her climbing affection...
My eyes.... too often expressing something other than enjoyment...  This moment... by grace... I choose differently...
I enjoy.  Not for her sake alone... but for mine.
Just like she needs me... I need.  

She rests in me... I take her in... 
She ministers... healing flows on us both...
Praising God for her concert of love... 
Most of her very life used to unravel the tight in me... now an agent of mending and restoration... 
She smiles hope... 
Her song.... a testimony of goodness...
When life feels heavy she provides constant reminders of His miraculous provisions on my behalf...
Her story calls out... "REMEMBER."
Yes... remember... 
When I cannot see in current situations... I see in the arms of the small.

As I participate in the symphony of life... I take my cue from my smallest small... 
I sing my encore of remembering in every season...
"How Great Thou Art."




No comments:

Post a Comment