About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, April 20, 2012

likeness

Never, ever, ever, ever have I ever seen as much drama as I see in this princess...
Do not let her beautiful face fool you...
She is 100% monkey.

A wild flower... blooming with laughter and life...
She freely expresses what I tend to hide away in my heart.

She is a dreamer, a cryer, a laugher and a lover...

And, boy... does she ever love her daddy.

Oh... she loves me... but she is in love with her Dad.
Say anything unfavorable about the Prince in her life and...
Your sure to get the stink-eye.

Pastor left his hat as a love token for this sassy royal...
She has been carrying it around like a lovie.
She sleeps with it like a blanket offering security.
It's her way of playing with Pastor in spite of Him being away...
She loves this stinky, faded thing.  She wears it with pride.
She loves it because it embodies likeness...

She longs for the nearness of her Daddy.
Her emotional outbursts always pointing to her lack...

I relate to the heart of my middle delight.  She longs to behold the face of her father.  I know that longing well.

Cherishing scripture truths this evening.  
Psalms of comfort...
"When we awake from the separation of the dark we shall be SATISFIED with HIS LIKENESS."
-emphasis added

The look of sweet satisfaction...
A picture I love to see.
Praying for a camera full of togetherness...

Giving my thumbs up and go ahead to what He has planned for us...
My face revealing the confusion still tossing around in my heart.

Oh my... this wild wonder.
Totally unprompted...
She keeps me laughing.
She brings good medicine to my soul.
She... like her Daddy bring immeasurable joy to my world...

Still so young and tender... 
Dazed and confused at times with all that stirs within...
Unknowns often feel frightening...

But... she knows she is free... and she loves.
In that love she longs to bear the images of her heart's affection.
She is playfully infatuated.
Like a child... always asking...
For one more minute...
That's what happens with love... the more we have the more we want... the more receive the more we resemble loves likeness.

Though most would say she is the only Hopeful child resembling me...
I see her looking more like her daddy everyday.






No comments:

Post a Comment