About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, April 23, 2012

together

After 17 hours in the car I arrived safely home.
The hour and a half my brother and I spent with my mommy and family at the funeral home was rich.
It was right to be with her... to be together.
Dying... a rite of passage... one that should take place surrounded by those you love.
The eyes of my heart watched closely as sibling bonds grew stronger through sharing crisis.

All that being said...
Yesterday will probably go down as one of the most important days of my life.
God bestowed upon me the rich gift of unhurried time with one of the people I love most...
My brother.
We have not shared that much play time since we were kids.

God gave us to each other.
Gifts to be treasured.
Treasure him... I surely do.

Yesterday just confirmed to my spirit what I already knew to be true...
I am still a little girl that has much to learn from her brother...
Though... I... the older... 
Learner of most things first... 
I value all that he has to speak and teach into my story.  
I keep my eyes on him... continuing to ask him to demonstrate how to use these faith legs. 
So much of our stories spent dancing through life together...
Similar tunes...
Similar moves...
Similar heartbeat...
Still... he has steps... I haven't figured out yet.
He motions in ways that stir me towards new rhythms...

I could not love him more...
I tackle any and every chance I get to be with him...
Locking on...embracing opportunity...
Hungry to create more stories... to know His heart.
In seasons of growing life... and equally important...
Seasons of death.
For days are numbered for each...
Increasingly thankful that even as one chapter of our story ended... new ones were being written... 
Side by side... 
As we journeyed together.

Thankful to be home with life's little authors at Hope's House...
Always busy writing letters of love...
One day all to soon they will repeat the actions of my aunt's and uncles...
The actions of me and my beloved brother...
Holding each other tight... extending arms of love...
Embraces offered in remembrance.

Oh... I will accept the invitation to fully live today.
To fully love.
And to fully thank God for His blessings on my life.
Wanting to faithfully live out of love and not regret... 
TOGETHER!





No comments:

Post a Comment