About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, April 13, 2012

clearing the path

Thinking about Luke 5:37 these past few days...
Knowing that God is continuing to pour the new into me and our family...

Aware for the need to be new in HIM...
Leaking treasure... ahh... may it not be true of me!

Lots of clearing happening on Ridgegate...
New paths are being made...
The One that drives determines what stays and what goes...
Yesterday was a painful day for my heart...
Watching them rip roots right out of the soil...
Carrying story away...
Even now my stomach is weak with the recollecting...

These trees... artistry that has added so much beauty to the backdrop of Rigdegate...
Now gone...
Soon to be a distant memory.
I process...  I fight to learn...

I remember the wineskin...
I hear in my heart... "sometimes it is necessary for things in our lives to be ripped out by the roots... even the things that seem so natural and beautiful."

As I reflect on the why's of the removal... 
I see the vision... not mine... but still I see...
  
The trees must be removed in order for water carrying pipes to be buried below... 
In order to protect the growing and sustain other parts... retentions must be put in place.
For someday... new foundations for story will be laid... The land must be ready and favorable...

The cost feels big today... The view... lacking...
Reminding myself to see and speak forth that which my eyes do not gaze upon today...
Spirit-eyes... not 20/20 but definitely gaining new sights.

Trusting in the strong arm hidden to most... that excavates the old to make room for the new...
Wanting my housing to be strong and secure...
Offering replenishment to stories not yet born.

Stories that may never know of the beauty that once was...
Removal that had to happen so they might be freed up to drink from the flowing... buried in the deep...
Praying faithfulness anew...
Praying for fixed eyes...
Root removal still hurts.
Loving to repurpose... I have never been good at throwing things away.





No comments:

Post a Comment