About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Soli

As I spent time in the quiet of Hope's house today I took notice of my view...
Important heart desires painted in fancy print...
Inscribed on the focal point of our home...
Written so many years ago...
"Soli Deo Gloria"
For the Glory of God ALONE...

I paused with questioning...
"Do we really mean this?"
"Do we really hunger for His glory... ALONE?"
"Am I living this out or is it just a pretty, little painting that hangs on the mantle of my life?'

Thankful to say this is not just for decoration...
Though... at the time I did not know the cost of such a phrase...
I am seeing more and more what it looks like to live for His glory and not my own.

In my spirit I sing with the greats...
"Come make war... ON EVERY OTHER LOVER."

Desiring to be about Him ALONE...
To battle against the "Legions" trying to steal His rightful place.
He is a jealous God.
He won't relent...
So...
Instead of prolonging... I partner.

This idol factory has been clearing house for quite some time...
Some spaces still lurking with undesirable remnants...
Perpetual purging and purification... my only options.

I don't want to be a whitewashed tomb.
I don't want to be the beautifully decorated mantle with no fire inside.
Aesthetically pleasing...filled with dead embers...

I want to burn...
Burn... with passion bright...
A raging fire...
Affection erupting like volcanic activity...
David-dancing debris ejecting from my depths...
Love that cannot be contained...

No matter my location...
Public or private...
Eagerly inviting others to join in my madness.

Because as I yield myself to...
To the welding of our hearts.
The burn changes...
From painful to passionate...

Confessing... 
I could just as easily be like the Pharisees and scribes...
Honoring Him with my lips instead of my life.

Oh... how I hunger to do both...

Soli...
My heart for Him...  ALONE!
By process of The Refiners Fire. 












No comments:

Post a Comment