About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

dream teachers

When smalls have a dream...
They don't hide it...

Their joy pops out like a jack- in- the- box...
Life springs forth.
Naming and advertising like hope-filled artists...
When smalls dream...
It draws a crowd...

Hearts and minds are enticed with the news...
Thirsty to share in the excitement...
Supporting the hearts of those they love...
Blessing a friend is excitingly sweet.
Without reserve they offer all they have... 
Not knowing when or if they will get more...
They live in the moment...
When smalls dream... 
Family comes crawling...
Everyone wants a nibble of the excitement... 
Sharing in the experience adds richness for everyone.
Smile-filled love... 
Tiny agents of blessing... 
Joy that's contagious...
They taste truths their minds can't comprehend.... 
Blessing investments always bear the sweetest dividends...

Smalls...
They have an amazing ability to delight in the success of another...
Instead of dark sneers...
They bring delight... adding their rays of color to the dream.
My heart... exploding with joy as dreams were fulfilled today.
It was also heavy with questioning.

I found myself full of longing as I processed... 
Why do we rally to advance the dreams of the smalls... but renounce it in the big?

Why do we communicate that dreaming is set apart for the childish... 
Valuable for the learning... unnecessary for the learned.
No room is made for the grown to gaze into their own hearts...
Most... calling it scandalous or selfish for the post-child to ponder possibilities...

Why?
Why wouldn't I support my neighbor... my sister... my husband as they dream?
Why wouldn't I encourage them to ask big especially when we serve The God of unimaginably more?
Why wouldn't I run down the street... use up all my treasures... support them?
Why wouldn't I foster the dreams in my own heart?
Like a child I ask "WHY?"

Too often... we entertain the twisted thoughts of adulthood...
We make way for fear...
We kill desire...
We speak..."settle!" 
Or...
We choose jealousy...
We speak death...
"You aren't wise enough... big enough... or equipped for such a task."

True...
There will always be someone bigger and better...
Housing cargo and expertise you can't compete with...

Decisions will have to made...

Will I risk...  will I make known my dreams even when I don't seem to measure up?
When the better asks what I am offering... will I close up and go home?
Or... 
Will I stand behind His finished product in me and offer all?
OH... I ache...
I pray I dream like the smalls... 
I pray I smile and share the road with those bigger and better than me... refusing to hide from competition.  Extending restful smiles... thankful for my small beginnings...

Learning so much about dreaming from the small...
They teach how to honor God with my big desires...
They teach about playful dreaming...
About risk... 
They teach how the body should support and nurture the giftings and dreamings of others...

The biggest lesson for my heart today...
A lesson on unexpected blessings...

As this momma saw the truck of treats round the bend...
Kids running from all directions to spend their fortunes...
I was struck by something that spoke intense softening to my heart...

In the midst of doing what she does with excellence...
The long awaited... woman of the hour...
She paused and recognized the big dreams of the small...
Making no room for lies about competition...
She simply made way for blessing...
Sacrificing her own earnings she blessed the stories of the small...

My princesses may not always remember the ice-cream lady that purchased...
But I will not forget...
I will not forget the impact it made on my heart as she spoke value into those I dearly love...
I will not forget her welcoming eyes and the tender words she spoke...
I will not forget what it meant for me to process... 
To fight the temptation to hide the seemingly inferior.
I will not forget what she said to my middle dreamer as she took hold of the sold and uttered with a smile..."keep the change."
It was a royal act.

Declaring today...
I will be a woman who dreams... a woman of royal acts that blesses the dreams of those beside me and growing before me...  
There is more than enough pavement for the both of us.
I pray I spend my fortunes funding Kingdom stories.
I want the woman behind the wheel of this operation to restore dreaming... to replace lies of death with dancing.
May these declarations change the world.
May we all accept the invitation to eternally dream... 
May we all be attentive learners from the small.
  
























No comments:

Post a Comment