About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Without a Voice

No, I'm not referring to someone who is oppressed.  It's not a metaphor.  Literally, I'm without a voice.  Been struggling with some sickness, and the symptoms have manifested themselves in different ways.  My voice is gone.  One family member teased me that I sound like I need a voice box.  Afraid he was right.

Although I do not have a voice (or voice box), I'm wanting to be more attentive to His voice.

As Kel and I enjoyed special time together yesterday, one thing she said to me really stood out.  Having to be away from each other... well, it stinks.  It's very different for the two of us though.  While her life is made busier by my absence (and it's very full when I'm present)... well, my life feels weird and incomplete because of the lack of presence of my family... very sad.  She's too busy to have much time for sad.  This doesn't hurt my feelings.  I completely understand what she's saying.  I communicated over coffee yesterday that I was ready to drop the price of the house a lot... ready to just take a major loss because I just want us to be together.  It's not the drive.  Driving to and from Dayton is not a bad drive.  It's probably longer than the normal commute, but it's not a hard drive.  It's the time away from each other.  Kelly's perspective is what really stood out to me.  She shared that she believes that God's got us in this season for a reason.  He's up to something.  Let's not miss it.  Let's look for it... listen for it.

That perspective and attitude... well, it is so refreshing and encouraging.  It changes my perspective completely.  Brings more hope.  Brings more peace.

Kelly and I love to ask, "What's God up to?"  Seems sometimes I forget to ask myself that.  So grateful for her attentiveness to the Spirit and her hunger for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment