About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Glimpse

Well, not sure if you're interested or not, but here's a glimpse into my (AV) heart at the moment.

Got up around 2:45am on Sunday morning to make it here (Dayton) in time for church.
Sounds strange, but I really enjoyed my drive.
Sensed God stirring so much excitement and hope about the future.  Very strange.  So good.

Received the greatest possible news I could hear that afternoon.
Elliott had received Christ.  What could be more wonderful!?!  Wish I could have been there!!!

Missing family.  So much to celebrate.
Got to see my sister over the weekend.  Such a treat.
Heart continuing to celebrate my son's salvation.

Starting to get to know people in Dayton.
Trying to do my job well.  Not sure how to do it.
Finding myself very frustrated at times.

New is hard.
Different is difficult.
Thought I was supposed to be good at this stuff.


The end goal is worth it.
Feeling frustrated.
Feeling worried. 
Feeling fearful.

New friends sharing their struggles.  Powerless to fix.

Catching myself playing several "games"...  (i.e. trying to be the first one in the office and last to leave)
Catching myself thinking too much about what others "might" be thinking that I'm thinking.


I hear voices.  Voices telling me that I can't do it.... I should give up.

In summary... my heart's full of hope, excitement, celebration, fear and frustration.

At the same time... sensing the Lord laid something on my heart very clearly this morning.  He had been planting parts of it for a few weeks, but He impressed it more clearly and heavily this morning.  Sensing and hoping that 2012 will be a year of restoration and healing... in relationships.  Primarily with sons (and daughters) and their fathers.

Grateful for His stirrings.  Wanting and needing more of Him.  Not wanting ministry to be a distraction from Him.  Fearful of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment