About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

waiting for miracles

This momma has been waiting for miracles.  She's been asking... she's been hoping... and she's been waiting...
Seem like there is plenty of waiting going around... and plenty to see in the midst of the wait.

This morning, I got a miracle... a life changing one.

As me and my smalls were missing Pastor we had some Advent worship time.  I sang my song and little voices accompanied.  It's Heaven's song, and I sang it loud.  I sang verses that are familiar to these walls.
I sang them, tenderly, boldly, and passionately.  One particular verse moved my prince.  It moved him to tears... I kept singing... singing to the Father about the prince... then, Elliott, all snuggled with his princess-sister  asked.. "sing the prince part again."  
My song-plea to the Spirit was that Buddy would know HIM... He stayed overcome with emotion.  How does such tenderness dwell in someone so tiny?  I knew it was the hand of the Tender King at work in His beloved prince... and the tears flowed.
and they flowed some more...
As his momma, I wanted to stop the song and hold the crying.  However, I felt the Spirit's call to let the young prince listen, be still, and fully feel.

After more song, the young prince told his momma his eyes were sad... us three princesses huddled close and asked, "why?"  His response was very emotional and true.  He simply said "I am sad because God doesn't live in my heart."  Pastor, myself and the two older princesses have been sharing life truth with this prince for quite sometime.  He has always been too fearful to accept the offer.  I have seen the Spirit stirring with much intensity in this little prince, and this morning the miracle came.   It was beautiful.

Love and joy filled this House of Hope as we held hands and ushered the young royal one to the throne.    I could hardly believe or grasp what was happening.  I was overcome.  So was he... with joy.  

We celebrated with shouts, laughter, dancing... and of course...



CAKE!!!  
It doesn't seem right to celebrate a "new birth" and "new life," without cake.  The new... so worthy of tears and celebration.  And... so... cake it is... candle and all!  

This momma's heart is full... so full.  Better than getting a job, better than getting a child to eat, better than selling a house... today, Prince Elliott entered into the miracle of the eternal.  CHRIST IN US... THE HOPE OF GLORY... 
EMMANUEL.

I feel so humbled... as I process that God would use Heaven's song, through this beggar's mouth to bring life food for her son.  What more could I ask for?  What more could I desire?

Today... like everyday is a day for the miraculous.  And these eyes have seen and believed.

The princesses were quick to start tutoring the small in his new found faith... lesson one, offered by Shorty... "if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to a mountain...MOVE... and it will move."

Prince Elliott... full of new life and new questions... I am praying for mustard seeds for all of us... and thankful for the moved-mountains that make way for eternal life.

From death... to life.  From sorrow to joy... from broken to healed.... MIRACLES!   TODAY!  We feast on life and ask for MORE of the rich!
Thank you, Jesus!  Thank you for your mercy, God!




2 comments:

  1. So awesome Kelly Vaughan!!! Praise Jesus!!!! I love miracles and I know that the Vaughans are delighting in Him and He is delighting in you!!!!

    I'm praying for all and rejoicing with you!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart joins in singing a song of praise! Tell Elliott that I said congratulations that He was so courageous to take a bold step of faith. God gave Him courage! Love you all, Betsy

    ReplyDelete