About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

gettin' ready...

Tis' the season, right?  Tis the season for gettin' ready.  But, for what?  As my oldest princess reminded me we are about 2 weeks away from the most special day of the year.  The day that EVERYTHING changed... the day of Emmanuel.
It is worthy of  the stop... a red letter day.  It beckons even the smallest.  It captivates.  Word becoming flesh... miracles full of wonder.   In the midst of this I feel a churning in my stomach as I process all that still needs to get done, and yet I so want to stop time and let my heart be filled with the richest of fare.

Gettin' ready is happening over here on Ridgegate too.  Sure, we are dancing to Christmas music, celebrating loved ones, stressing over what must get done.  Life is in full swing.  But, today, my heart is struggling because gettin' ready means Pastor is leaving again.   In the wee hours he will hit the road and drive towards his "get to."  I miss him already and my eyes keep revealing my heart.
SO thankful for the job... so sad we aren't going too.

This year, while we were at the Fantasy of Tree's, Santa asked what Shorty wanted for Christmas... her answer was delicate and straight forward... "I want our house to sell so that we can be a family."  This is my hope as well... a house sold to bless another and our family together.
I do so love the season of Emmanuel.  I am aware more than ever just how much I need to remain in this season and not just until the 25th... Christ with us, now... today... right here... ALWAYS.  The world can't change it.  It can't refuse it.  It can't make it untrue.  And, the cry of my heart is... come... more.... what has been hidden, REVEAL. 

Pastor's wife, sitting here in the sun and the warm... asking Emmanuel to get her ready... ready for what today holds... ready for what is around the corner in a couple of weeks... ready for more... however that might be packaged.

So very thankful for the gift of laughter that helps sustain. Blessed by nearness of family knowing that  season too will change. 
Wanting to celebrate and savor the mark of Emmanuel in my current season of remaining.  Peace offers its gift, and I receive and wait... expectant that life change is right around Ridgegate's corner, and so I'm gettin' ready. 


No comments:

Post a Comment