About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I see!

I am a woman who has spent most of her life blind as a bat.  I thought I was seeing with 20/20 but come to find out I've had impaired vision all my life.  Today I am speaking in regards to the spiritual... though I did rock some pretty cool Flintstone glasses back in the day.

I have been given new eyes.

I am still learning how to use them.  Often, I go back to my old vision because that is what I know.  My old view still lets me see... I did have sight... it was just very blurry and very self focused.  My new eyes let me see Beauty... HIM... more of Him.  And...

The more I see the more I want to see.  The more He reveals the more I start to reflect what I see.

The thing I love most about my Spirit eyes is they offer sight to the smalls in my home.  This was not my intention but it's a result of vision.  When I see, I see with joy and I share.  My sharing is an invitation for them to see alongside and for them to see as well.  Today... the invitation was issued back to me.

While scurrying around the house doing my get to's the middle princess issued... "come and see."  I get a lot of these and sometimes they are not my favorite.  I didn't really want to pause... I had my working shoes on.  I was knocking it out.  I don't break in the middle of tasks... I just don't.  Today, I sensed I should.  So I did.  This is what she was seeing.

In her serving she chose to see what I might've missed.  She said "Mama, Look!"  "It's like God comes  into the mess and stirs it up and cleans it out!" 
"It's like a waterfall, He is pouring in and the bad goes out."  The black remnants of former things being purified.  There's something powerful in the water the covers and cleans.  My spirit needs His water -alive to rush right over me like a waterfall to uncover the muck and wash me clean.   And, oh how the Gentle Hand comes along and stirs, and scrubs... with great intention HE removes the grime.  

Eloise is a hope-carrier, hope bringer, and hope -seer!  She doesn't try to be... she just is.  I am just me enough to believe that Christ in this princess is giving her new sight... and, I like what she sees... the beauty of God... in caked on yuckies, that have to be scrubbed and cleansed with the clean.

Most of us look all the time but we rarely see.  I want to be a seer.  I want to take hold of the beauty that arises out of even the messiest of situations.  Most days, over here on Ridgegate are filled with dirties... diapers... unsightly wall coverings... handprints, vomit.. and of course... my own dirt-filled offerings.  But, just as Eloise taught... if I use my Spirit-eyes I can see the very face of God... even in my kitchen sink.  

Thankful for the eyes of the small that lead the hearts of the big.

Today... I see!

No comments:

Post a Comment