About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, December 12, 2011

play

I am having to relearn this one.  I'm not totally sure what happened, but in the midst of becoming an adult, wife, working woman, momma... I lost my way for a season or two.

Honestly, I think it just boiled down to caring too much... about the wrong stuff... like what others thought. The Inventor of Play has been gently reteaching me the art of play.

It's important for a momma to play in front of her smalls.  I don't want them to ever stop playing.  I don't want them to miss out on joy because they fear man.  They have seen much silliness out of me... especially this past year... and more is sure to follow.
Again... He uses the hands of the small to teach the big.  I watch... I learn... I join in... and now with some practice under my belt... I even initiate.

There is something about play that stirs life.  And, in my case... the freedom to play was birthed out of the heartache and loss of my boys.  They are experiencing no shortage of play... someday I will laugh, run and sing alongside those two princes.

But... for today... I must learn and lead.  Being a learner is a choice... for me... a scary one.  I don't always like the unknown or how it makes me feel on the inside... I am choosing to dance in the face of fear, and a young prince shows me the way... arms held high in abandonment.  
Play and its partner laughter are NOT overrated.  They keep the walls of the heart tender.  I need all the tenderness I can get.  I am thankful for the teachers in my life.
Play never goes out of season or style...
It may come in strange forms...
It may seem totally contrary to the norm...

But it always entices... even the hardest of us can't help but give way to the curve on our faces.
Play creates community where feasting happens.  Play is important for all sizes.  ALL!

Just ask this little prince with Super-natural Spirit power... he'll tell you the truth.
 Play helps us experience a portion of Heaven on Earth.  Who doesn't want a double portion of that yummy goodness?  

Remembering the importance of play today and the deep deposit it makes in our very souls.  Choosing play because...
We're doing a lot of nudging over here on Ridgegate... praying you will join us.








No comments:

Post a Comment