About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, December 16, 2011

let every heart...

Each night as we enter into our advent worship time Little Prince does the same thing... exactly the same thing.  He is very methodical about it, and he is full of excitement and intention as he prepares for the song.

It's a little crazy, what he does.  He gathers all his special blankets and perfectly lays them out to cover the floor.  He has his systems... and they are precise and full of heart.
Each blanket has it's own spot... and they have to be just so... he is preparing...

As the music begins and the final grunts and groans of his blanket-rug are made complete... excitement builds...

He is proud of his preparation... it is all ready... it is time...
The dancing begins... and so do his giggles...

He is delight-FULL because he was mindful and made-way... for the music.
You can tell by the look on his face... he is like the little drummer boy... bringing his best.
It doesn't take long... his body starts matching his passion... jumping in celebration... 

when the song is over... when it's all said and done... when the young prince has prepared the way and enjoyed....
he smiles... he soaks it in... he is still... he is enjoying... he is a prince at rest.

Ahhh.... how this speaks to my frantic, preoccupied heart.  

As we drove around tonight admiring the lights, I  focused on the familiar words, "Let every heart prepare HIM room."  How am I being faithful to do this?  Today and so many days preparing room for him in my heart falls to number 10 behind the "to do's."  May it not be so.  Oh, as I sit here and type I feel heavy and sad for all the missed opportunities to prepare.  I am aging by the second, and yet I'm still such an infant... always crying out... always needy... especially when it comes to His affection.

As I finish my evening, totally worn from the day, I want to finish well.  It's almost blanket time, and I am hungry for it.  I am finally doing what I need most... letting my heart prepare room for the One who knows me best and loves me most.

So much hurt surfacing all around... so much busyness... so many distractions... so much....

I need THE
I need Emmanuel... we all need Him!

Tonight I want to help usher this crew...
Into the Holy Place... I want our hearts to prepare room for HIM... 

"Let EVERY HEART prepare HIM room," and sing!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas! or Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad. God bless you and your family.
    .
    I´m a Roman Catholic Christian from Madrid, Spain. I wanted to create a blog with this URL: maranatha333.blogspot.com, but somebody have taken it. So I¨think "who has this URL?" and I went to this blog "God´s Grace". But there was nothing in this blog but this blog follow your blog. So I´m here.
    .
    I am sorry because of my English, I am Spanish.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. 44

    23 "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, 24 which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

    45

    Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls.

    46

    When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it.

    Matthew 13, 44-46
    .

    ReplyDelete