About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, December 5, 2011

good day...

ahhh...
Today has been such a good good day.  I feel the moments slipping away like sand through my fingers.  I try to grasp tightly but on it slips.

This morning, Pastor surprised me with a birthday day.  I know it must seem like the eternal birthday.  But...  from the woman that has had the eternal newborn/ Charli... I say..."yes... and... more please."  I didn't know what to expect so it was nice to just roll.  I don't often do that well.  Today, I was up for the challenge.

The kids were taken to a very special, generous, and loving caregiver.  I had some moments alone... a rich treasure in itself.  When Pastor returned, he informed me that we were going to have unhurried time at Starbucks... a never for us... and then we would tootle around.  I was very excited and expectant.

We got to a VERY crowded Starbucks... we redeemed our gift card and waited for a cozy nook.  Pastor came prepared which is always the real gift.
He came with his yellow list, folded and tucked in his pocket.  These are my favorite.  A list of heart questions for us to connect over.  I must confess.  I am addicted to these.  I can't get enough of the intentional.  It makes me feel so very loved.

As we shared unhurried heart time the Spirit made his presence known in radical ways.  From our conversation about the sell of our...
To being agents of the Spirit's work by choosing to be a people of...
Pastor and I... dancing hearts in Starbucks... sipping lattes like grown-ups... Spirit guiding Pastor and Pastor leading me.  It was a new dance but it was exhilarating.  I can't wait for my next lesson.

God continued to bless through divine appointments with unknowing baristas and prophetic words spoken to past students.  Starbucks was full of the Spirit today.  I wonder who else felt it?  What a good day.

As we tootled on we continued our dialogue.  I soaked it in.  My husband is a GREAT listener which is a great quality to receive... especially if you are like me and talk too much.  He listens because he loves me.  He listens because he cares and most importantly, he listens because he believes in the Spirit's movement within me... another gift.

At one of our pit stops I was taught something... it wasn't really new information, but there was something in the joyful, matter of fact, way it was spoken forth.  As we entered this humble place of business the worker called out to an exiting customer... a blessing... "Have a good day."  The response of the teaching one was simple... "Everyday is a good day!"  Man, that hit me right in my gut... all I could do was respond like a bobble-head, plastic toy... quirky smile on my face and a head shaking up and down without ceasing.

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  Everyday is a good day!  I don't have to have quiet moments in my home, star-struck moments in Starbucks,  "yellow-Kelly" lists for it to be a good day.  My heart should cry that everyday is a good day.  Oh... would that be so true in my life that I can respond in earnest,  like this prophet of truth.  For no doubt he holds the TRUTH in his head and heart.  We serve a God that is always doing GOOD... ALWAYS!

As I type this I am sitting in a different spot.  I am sitting in Pastor's seat... this is my view.
I am growing rather fond of this big monster.  I am thankful for all the trinkets that adorn this tree that whisper memories of past, good days... so many!

As I continue to learn... and that process is slow and unending... I sense God smiling and saying... "Kelly, everyday can be a good day... EVERYDAY!"  "Whether your day is filled with light bringers that help feed more than just your soul...
or if it's just you, Me,  a tree and a small light... it will ALWAYS be enough to be a good day."
Isn't that true?  Him, me, a life bearing tree and His light everywhere.  Isn't that MORE THAN ENOUGH?  Yes!!!  But...

The problem is it's still an invitation... and an invitation that I could quickly decline tomorrow when I am scurrying around doing home school, feeding a little princess that may refuse to eat... where a million "Momma's?" are around every corner...  the house is a wreck, Pastor broke something and I find boogers on my wall, AGAIN.... what will I say then?  It's easy to say "good day" when all is going my way.  I want to say it and mean it when the day is swishing in the toilet sea and covered in my tears.  I am not there today, but I am one step closer than I was yesterday.

And, in the midst of my learning God has given me Pastor... who has the supernatural gift of seeing beauty in the mess... messy ole me.  
He invites me to rest in the beauty I so often don't have eyes to see.
God has graciously allowed me to walk another day, and I am sensing He may just let me have a few more.  I want to let my light burn so brightly for HIM... I want it to light up ALL the dark places even my own!  With ALL that I am... I want to reflect the Light-Giver like the reflection of a beauty-filled face in a window.  His face always inside me and behind me... calling out for me to shine.  I want to reveal His heart by bringing HOPE to the needy and being a constant reminder to a broken and lost generation that....

EVERYDAY WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD IS A GOOD DAY... 
don't know HIM?  Ask!  I would love to share more!

Dying to Live... 
to make this life count...  
before the light is BLOWN OUT!






2 comments:

  1. Spring Garden Community Church is looking for a pastor.There is one waiting in the wings but it's not definite. It's in Greensboro, NC. Check it out at spccgreensboro.org. It's a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh, you make me cry, you make me want to live a life more attuned to God's calling.
    You make me want to be a fly on the wall at your house!! What a sweet, sweet birthday gift that Adam gave you- his time and pouring into you , loving you well!!
    I want to come hug you. Love you, Mama Angie

    ReplyDelete