About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, December 23, 2011

eve eve

Here we are... the final days before Advent gives birth.  All is well over here on Ridgegate.   Pastor made it home in the wee hours of the morning.  Everyone is all snuggled cozy in their beds.  I am up having a few moments of silence before the house stirs with life.

I do love the silence.  Wonder is active when the chaos ceases.  There is something very holy about the silent.

Last night as we did our advent routine I enjoyed seeing my smalls take hold of that active wonder.  They read of the mysterious... each taking their turn... watching the word become flesh.

Even little, learning prince brings his heart and mind.  I always love listening and waiting as his story unfolds.  Unable to bring a reading, he shares from who he is and what he sees. 

We must pay special attention to those little eyes... for they often see what we cannot.

Our time was sweet and rich.  But, it was NOT perfect.  In the midst of offering our affection the young prince's routine was not going as he had planned... frustrated that things were not looking exactly the way he wanted...he began whining with discontent.  His grumblings brought discontent to us all.

After many warnings the young prince was sent to his bed so that we could press on and press in to worship.  With tear filled eyes and much passion the young prince screamed all the way down the hall..."LET ME WORSHIP!"  Man, how do I respond to that one?  In the midst of teaching this is what he yells?

The truth in my spirit reminded me that he wasn't really worshipping his Papa in the first place.  He was worshipping himself, his agenda, his ways, his wish list.

Oh... as we near Christmas I see a reflection of me in this.  I do my days yelling "let me worship!"  But, the truth is... my heart is already pouring out my affections on the "to do's."  When things don't go my way, I whine.  I complain.  I get tearfully undone.

Today, as family life resumes... I desperately want to remember one thing... Him!  That's it.  That's all.  Emmanuel.

I want to be the little hands that bring His truth from not only what I have read, but what I have seen and know.  

It is time for the "getting ready."  It is a time for putting truth in it's rightful spot.  
I don't want to be the undone yelling, "let me worship."  I want to be the joy-filled... singing out of the overflow.

May the truth overflow on all of us this eve eve.  Would we all offer our own song and sing it loud.



1 comment:

  1. Kelly, thank you so much for this post. I can totally identify with that sweet little prince. It really has been such a joy for me to see how you are raising your kids and responding to life. I'm so happy for your family's next step and can't wait to see how God uses you all!
    Love you!
    Carie Bryant

    ReplyDelete