About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the mind...

What was meant to be an invitation to eavesdrop on Pastor's job journey has turned out to be more of an outpouring of my daily life and heart.  I am sure that is exactly what God had in mind when He issued the call to us so many months ago.

You should know I never set out to write.  In high school I was so poor in English that my teacher said I would never make it through college English.  She was right... I was awful... but, she was wrong that I would fail.  Oh, God and His sense of humor.  Here I am with my twisted grammar offering my written crumbs.  So thankful that anyone would consider it read-worthy.  I am blessed by the Spirit's work.

After a long night of talking to God I was encouraged as He reminded that I have the very MIND OF CHRIST right inside my broken self.  That really impacted me.  It impacted my heart.  With His mind and His Spirit I come FULLY equipped.  I just need to remember and function out of that truth.  Trying to have bright, truth-eyes this morning.
The invitation to "put into practice" came early this a.m.  I heard the small princess screaming her orders from her bed.  It was if she was saying "get in here, don't you know who I am?"  I wrestled with this.  And, I was afraid.   Yes, this little one stirs fear in me.  She always has.  I hope that change is close.  I have to believe it is.

I fed her.  She did well.  I held her.  I talked to her.  I kissed her.  I covered us both with oil.  I felt that I needed the beauty scent of the valley to be on my head and hers today.  I need a fragrant reminder of truth.

Joy was here this morning as young prince and his best bud, Bow Bow, shared a meal.
It's a gift to have a special friend by your side.  I know this well.
The young prince shared that his bestie wasn't smiling so he asked that I take another.  Bud is a good friend especially to me.  He blesses.

Love was here too. 

I am so thankful for love.  For, it is the greatest of these.  I am very much a learner when it comes to love.

New life and new joy comes as a result of sharing love and the faces reveal the hearts.
In the midst of trial I still can't believe I get to do this.  I GET TO!  I have been entrusted with such treasure.   Oh that I would choose to function out of my new mind.  The mind that is more than able.  The mind that is alive with truth.  The mind that is blessed and fully able to do all that He asks.

I must also remember to always go back to the Source of the spring.
I need to drink deep and return often.  A parched mama is a recipe for fleshly disaster.  If I am to warrior on, I will need to replenish with the LIVING.

Praying for the minds of all the sons and daughters today and while I am at it for eyes to see, ears to hear and faith to believe.






1 comment:

  1. a parched mama is a recipe for fleshly disaster... thank you for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete