About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

in love

The day is alive with beauty.  The sun is shining so brightly as I type these words... oh the sunlight makes me want to dance... by the heater of course.  Anything below 70 degrees is too cold for my blood.  Our hearts are thankful today as the doctor shared that our young prince has significant fluid in both of his ears and hoped it could be remedied through medication.  I can't tell you how I thankful I am.  Such good news.

Pastor has been celebrating some other good news lately.  He has been given a desire of his heart...  the affection of his youngest princess.  Good Pastor would tell you himself that he has not been favored by Charli most of her life.  I think he has turned a corner in her heart.  "Panda," as Pastor has called her since birth is falling in love with her Papa.

It is a sweet sight to see a young one love their daddy well, but it is even richer seeing the delight it brings the papa.  His joy is full as she generously gives her affection... no force involved... no nudging... just a small life offering all of her heart to her papa.  It seems she can't get enough of him these days... she wants his affection all the time.

Charli paints a picture of my own heart... a little girl seeing the greatness of her Papa... longing.  I long for His affection... His presence... His power in me.  I long for Him in a way that transforms me to reflect Him.

He unreservedly offers Himself to me...
As He holds me I take hold of Him...

Sometimes I am a little unsure... can this be real?  Could I really have the affection of the King?
It seems so confusing to have access to a love I did not earn.  But as I rest in His covering... as I am clothed with Him I am changed.  I am still fully me... just a me more in love... and dressed in His delight.

I must remember I cannot rig myself to look like my Papa...
my striving to clothe myself does not reflect Him...  
His desire for my little life... is that I would rest and receive... He hears my heart and sees my affection.
And, just like Pastor does with Charli... He meets her where she is... so thankful for her desire, and he puts His mark on her... a mark of love.
I can hardly believe that He has been longing for this day since my birth... waiting patiently for me to desire Him in this way.  I am praying that I will remember to be like Charli today... a little princess resting... a little life pouring out her affection to her Papa and a daughter of desire expectant that her deepest desires will be met and marked like a crown upon her head.  




No comments:

Post a Comment