About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas came early...

Christmas came early this year... for Pastor's wife anyways.  It was an unexpected gift... the best ones always are.  It was a bestowed gift, and it has been given more than once.  Better than a massage, a pedicure... even better than a gift card.  I was blessed by a princess.
It excites my heart to think about royalty... extreme beauty... choosing to bless... I never would've have dreamed that I would be the receiving one.

Our family has had the rich honor of celebrating advent with the giving of our affection to the KING.

The last several times we have entered into the holy, Princess Eloise has done something that literally blessed me and left me speechless.  If you know me... that is saying a lot... I am a woman of many words.  Anyway, as I would begin our time she quietly got a crown.. this crown... her crown... without speaking or drawing any attention to herself she would place this crown upon my brow and then return to her offerings.
Does she know what this speaks to my raw heart?  Does she get the magnitude of this gesture?  A sister-daughter choosing to proclaim beauty over another woman... her very momma?  This child that has seen more dirt and filth flow from my flesh... this child that I have shared many tears and "I'm sorry's" with...  she calls me princess as I sing...

And it takes the Spirit's work to help me strum on...
It takes an act of God to help this princess extol.  For I have been touched in the depths and though my voice cracks with awe... my soul does sing... oh how it sings.

My Eloise has a deep gift of love, and she offers.  I, her momma, soak in every drop.  How does she see like this?  How does she know that I have been re-named with a royal name... one that is full of song?  Her mind doesn't, but her Spirit man does... she listens... she obeys... and she blesses.

This naked, growing woman, being clothed in His righteousness sees the truth in her name.  I am Princess Beautiful Song.  I am not beautiful because of my appearance.  I am beautiful because of the Beauty indwelling, and so I see and I sing.  I offer back the name-gift given.  I do so humbly... with passion... with intense joy.

In my story God has used teaching friends to speak beauty into me.  To help in laboring and birthing my new name.  I still lean on them to help me live out the royal to which I have been called.  Even in these last days as my very own princess heard the invitation and carried confirmation of my name... she gave my eyes new vision... me... in a crown of jewels singing to my KING.

Yes... Christmas came early and is still very present over here on Ridgegate... very present...  and we invite HIS Spirit to linger... to stay.

Joy was also in abundance yesterday... thought this picture could express more than my fumbling heart...
Praying that we... the body... would impart beauty, share visions that bless, esteem the other, speak costly truths, listen to the Spirit... obey... steep in the word... and remind each other of their royalty... would this be especially true among God's beloved daughters today.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment