About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Perspective

GP here.  Been trying to see through a new lens lately.  Mentioned how Kelly gave me such a healthy perspective recently.  She communicated that God has us in this season of transition (me working in Ohio while the family stays in TN) for a reason.  She didn't want us to miss what He has in store for us.  That was good truth for me to hear.

Elliott has been God's tool to speak truth to me once again (as he has been to our whole family several times).  On a few different occasions lately Elliott has randomly said the same statement to me.  I can't figure out what possibly caused him to think about it either.  He's said, "Dad, I don't want to grow up."  This seemed like a rather strange thing for Bud to say.  Thinking it was just silly and random I asked him the questions you might expect me to ask him... "Bud, don't you want to be big like Daddy?"  His response, "No, I want to stay little."  After several questions, he made it clear that he really wanted to stay the exact size he is now.  Today he made the same statement again about not wanting to get bigger.  He's still convinced.

Kelly and I both think that he might have inherited from me my aversion to change (which I am hoping I no longer have)... anyways, I took his words to say, "I like life how it is right now.  I'm choosing to enjoy the now."  It was a good reminder for me.  Choosing to engage and enjoy the now.  Choosing not to be so future-minded that I miss what's right in front of me.  I needed that word.  Thanks, Bud.


What's not to love about life at this age?  Tie-dyed pjs, riding the scooter in the garage when it's cold, no responsibilities... main job of the day... to play.  Maybe I should do more of that?
Each night I enjoy my routine of checking on the kids... putting an extra blanket or two on them... scooting them over toward the middle of the bed if they're too close to the edge.  Seems my perspective on my kids is much different when I see their sweet sleeping faces.


When I see this little cookie-face sleeping so sweetly in her bed, my perspective changes.  "Delight" seems to pull ahead of the other words I might use to describe this pistol of a princess.  Grateful for perspective change.

Hoping it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment