About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

in rare form

It is a seriously rainy day today... it is a repeat of yesterday.  The rain is good, it provides, nourishes... still I'd prefer the sunshine.  It's not my call, so I will try and see the beauty in the soak and be thankful.

This morning Charli has a weight check.  We have been scurrying about so that Pastor could get her there on time.  Charli is a wild animal today.  She is in rare form... even for her.

She is full of passion.  As she sat in her red highchair all she wanted to do was bark orders at anyone who came near.  Eloise is always willing to accommodate... Pastor's wife... not so much.

As the barking continued on and on... all we could do was laugh...
such big orders from such a small fry!  So certain of what she wants and who she wants to receive it from...
easily confused and frustrated when we don't comply in a timely manner.  You would think she would forget after awhile... get distracted... move on... but she doesn't... she reaches on with passion.
It's as if she is saying... "I will press on,  I will succeed in getting what my heart desires."  I admire her spirit.  It speaks to me... when I am not tying to discipline it... of course.
"I am not going to be quiet!" she exclaims.  I will not be silent.  I will keep asking and crying out.  Oh... yes!  I know about this.

This is me.  Charli is me.  I am that little girl... crying out with my strong, small hands signing for MORE!
I will not be silenced.  I will not give up.  I will not stop asking.  I want more of HIM.  The cries of the desperate will not go unheard.  They always receive.  It may come in nibbles like cocoa puffs or little objects to love on.  It may come as a result of thunderous cries or tiny whispers.  I may have to wait in my red seat with patience that stretches... but the desire for more of God will be met.  

He is meeting me in my expectations.  The answers are coming... though often not according to my timetable.  I am savoring my nibbles and the longing intensifies.  As I receive, I reflect Charli again... joy abounds in me.
In my desire... I too can be demanding, impatient, prone to anger, frustrated, hurt and in rare form... but I,  like the smallest warrior in my home, will not give up.  I will cry on and wait in the knowing that He will meet me... ALWAYS...

even now... as I process the sad news that Charli only gained 3oz and has to see the doctor... I'm...
waiting...
hoping...
crying out..
expecting...
IN RARE FORM TODAY! 




No comments:

Post a Comment