About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

post-Christmas melancholy

GP here today.

Snatching a few minutes away from "life."  My two bigs have been bickering and struggling all day.  It began last night when the two of them butted heads like never before.  So frustrating and disappointing to see.

Their struggling makes me struggle.  Well, I guess the truth is what my friend, Rick, once taught me.  "Circumstances don't cause you to sin.  They reveal the sin that's already within you."  Ouch.

Feeling sad.   Lots of sadness and struggle with a set of my grandparents.  A grandparent passed away on Friday, and his spouse was admitted to the ER and hospital on Monday.

Feeling either sad or frustrated that Christmas is over.  Maybe both.

Bud's doctor's appointment is tomorrow.  A little anxious about that.

Feeling tired.  Wanting to sleep.  Wanting to eat.  Then eat some more.

Feeling old.  Let my chin hair grow out a bit.  Unfortunately it's about 90 % gray.
How'd I get so old?  Shouldn't I be much more mature?  More wise?  More competent?  Where'd the time go?  Strangely, why do the days still seem so long some times?

Wanting to be like Bud in this picture... turning whatever I find into something fun and playful.
Bud walked into the playroom one night around worship time with this combination of randomness.  I loved it.

On a positive note... celebrating my little Charli.  She has learned how to give real hugs and kisses.  What could be better than that?  As for now she's quite generous with her sweet affections too!

Overall, I seem to lose perspective of truth and gratitude quite quickly.  Praying for the day when it's the other way around... when it'll be very unusual for me lose perspective of who He is, who I am, how much I "get to" do... that He is with us... still clinging to Emmanuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment