About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, May 4, 2012

under construction

"Kids under construction...
The Lord may not be finished yet."

This is what you would've heard this princess singing in the land of Junior Worship over two and 1/2 decades ago.
Can you find me?
I am the royally clothed princess in the back right... 
The one looking like the loner...
I rather prefer "set apart."

Set apart is just what I am to this day.
I have been called into the realm of "world changers."
Thanks to a lovingly, wild  God... 
The Childrens ministry at CSPC...
And a lovely lady named Ginger Fox...

9ish... 
It's a tender age...
Awkward too.
Years when wee ones often get lost in the shuffle.

Our Good Daddy reminds me often...
The importance of His hand and feet...
Just last week...
As I was doing my "get to's" at Wallyworld... 
I ran across sweet, Ms. Ginger.
Our last encounter about 25 years ago.
Last time she saw me... I was that little thing in the pic... 
Cowlick the size of Texas...
Fingers busy making offering withdraws rather than deposits... 
Getting in trouble for talking too much...
I was a mess then... I am a mess today...
As Pastor would say... "A beautiful mess."

Anyway...
I took the opportunity to approach her and thank her...
My story is forever marked by her faithfulness...
As I anointed her with the oil of my thankful affection,
Her eyes welled with awe and appreciation...
That being said...
I can assure you I left more blessed than she... 

Today...
A day sealed in the heavens to be a red letter day of the heart...

Like Ms. Ginger love in my mailbox... He writes remembering on my heart...
"Taste and remind yourself."
"I am good!"
Here I was thinking I might take a turn... fill her cup a bit...
Him planning all along to shine gold in my ordinary...
Ripping open the past...
Refilling me...
Our Papa... 
HE IS SO GOOD... He cannot be outdone!
As we press on to honor and obey...
Faith flourishes... with our deeds...
Love's fragrance spills forth...
From unseen hands seen a little better today...

Thanks be to God for love letters...
From Him...
And His people.
For shared history...
Lives filled with faithful legacy...
Undervalued by man... invaluable to the Kingdom.

In her closing... 
She offered the opportunity to remember...
The blessing song sung at the end of every meeting...
Little did she know... by the Spirit's prompting...
I have been singing this very song over my youngest princess every night...
Numbers 6:24-26
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace."

This princess...
Still got the cowlicks...
Still very much under construction...
Still singing... HE'S NOT FINISHED with me yet...
Extra thankful today for the Ms. Ginger hands in my life...
Busily cementing His love stories in me.









No comments:

Post a Comment