About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Most important meal of the day

Big morning!
Lots of busy.
Today... far from my diaper changing norm.
Pastor was taking me to staff meeting...
Excited about meeting more of my new church family.

Knowing I would be gone all day I packed my necessities.
Pastor scurried.
He does NOT like being late...
In our haste...
I forgot my breakfast... ugh...
Didn't realize it until we were half-way and almost late.
It was a tense window...
Pastor offered to turn around...
I declined with my voice while my heart screamed, "PLEASE!"
We drove on...
Then...
Pastor did the unexpected...
He turned the car around...
Actions... speaking loudly...
Communicating to my heart... "You matter more!"
As we drove back... War was raging within me...
Fighting frustration with my forgetfulness...
In the process of battering myself... something strange happened...
Unexpectedly... freedom came.
It whispered, "This shortcoming is not about you..."
It is an opportunity for Pastor...
Wow!  Really?
My accident providing an avenue of choice.
Letting His words become deeds.
He chose well...
Growing like a weed... he is!

What the enemy hoped would...
Distract... and disrupt...
Brought powerful opportunity.
Space was created for The Spirit to come in bold power... 
Creating an atmosphere for change.
The Lord opened a door...
Pastor seeing fresh light... he walked through...
Desiring to fill the hunger in my belly...
He filled the greater...  with food for my heart.  


So blessed by our family worship.
Oh... how I long...
For MORE.

To be His instrument... 
Tuning alive with process...
Filling my lungs with HIS songs of...

Thankful for the Pastor hands that led and fed today...
My forgetfulness... 
Bearing some of the richest fruit my heart and marriage has ever tasted.
Good Pastor... 
Tending to the heart of this little princess...
Valuing my needs over performance and the opinion of man.
Not that big of a deal to some...
Huge for me!
Speaking tenderness... ascribing worth... 

Today... a day of filling...
Feasting on the joy that I am more important...
Than being on time...
Than what people might think...
Than disrupting a schedule...
Than status...
Thankful for feasts that draw hearts together...
I NEVER want to miss a meal...
Especially breakfast... 
After all... it's known for...
 Being the most important meal of the day!









No comments:

Post a Comment