About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kingdom's sake

We are a forgetful culture...
I am learning to be a remembering daughter.
When the storms come and the rain beats hard...
My eyes are tempted to only see that which is immediately before me.
The winds attempting to toss and cripple my faith walking...

He whispers beneath the wind...
Do you remember...
Your name...
The crown I wore... 
So you could wear yours?

Remembering... telling... and retelling... 
I do think that is why the body exists...
To worship... 
Sharing how good our Papa is... TOGETHER...
Sabbath stories... stirring our hearts towards greater affection...
To Him... to each other.

Our Papa...
Not a dictator...
Instead a Delighter...
He loves tagging His smalls with notes of proclamation and remembering...
On the crinkled paper displayed on our lives... 
He names us... inviting us... 
"LIVE OUT OF YOUR NAME."

Only our God would use the weeds in our lives to bring beauty... 
Decorating the panes of our souls...
Fighting through the rain... I see the truth of our relationship.
I must remember Him holding my hand...
Guiding me...
As I feel very afraid to take another step towards the dark unknowns...

I must also recount the moments
He playfully holds me... celebrating my joy...
Blessed by His word alive...
A book full of promise...
Calling out to me... seek with your whole...
I will be found by you.

As I put on my faith shoes...
Thanking Him for the "bigs" that remind me of the truth of who I am...

Knowing if I can't remember the truth of who He is in me...
I am a less effective tool...
In reminding other ROYALS of who He has tagged them to be.
                            
Learning to remember...
For The Kingdom's sake...
One princess slipper at a time.











No comments:

Post a Comment