About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

bit

James 3:3
"We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in it's mouth."

I am no black stallion...
These past few days...
Feeling a bit more like a donkey.
Another term seems more appropriate here...
I'll just stick with donkey for now...

So thankful He can use all wild things for Kingdom purposes.
Ridgegate days have felt long.
Yesterday was alive with soul and soil watering.
Pastor in California... seeds of the richest kinds being sewn...
Yesterday spent battling the "alone" lie.
Still much more of this trail to walk...

Though Pastor is gone and days are long.
Brother David reminds me...
He bears me and my heart up...
DAILY.

His mercies...
His compassion.
His love...
His strength...
His eyes...
His vision...
His heart...
They never tire.
Blessed be the LORD!

No doubt battles are being waged daily...
Intending to steal our energy... silence our songs...

Not wanting to fall prey...
I continue on in the retraining.
Partnering with The Master...
I choose the bit...
The stick soaked in sweet juices from past truths...
His ways... so much better...
I desire to be lead back...
To the place where I bow my head to the One that loves with the Perfect...

My wild heart...often needing to be re-steered...
Longing to use my design to express unique affection...
Learning from other worshipping experts...
The power that resides in praise...
As I listen and delight...
Courageous songs from Faithfuls stir my heart to offer my own song...

I must remember the seriousness of this training...
The value that lies in equipping the mind with Kingdom tools...
Fastening tight the small yet powerful steering devices...

My bit...
Often in need of readjusting...
By the One who leads...
Master of the bridle... and the bride.
He let's me playfully help because He takes GREAT delight in me...
He values my learning.
But... 
Whether I help or not... 
He will get me where I need to go...

Mouthpiece is in today...
Listening to worship as I type...
Offering old patterns up for realignment...
Choosing to offer praise as I seek to persevere...
It's looking pretty raggedy over here, folks...
Thankful for eyes to see...
Thankful for His presence that's uniquely present...
When I offer praise with my bit in place...

Confident that as I yield to His steering I will see new beauty...
Beauty often missed when I choose my own way...



















No comments:

Post a Comment