About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

dinner chat

Over dinner the other night Pastor, the smalls and I were discussing...
If... Lincoln and Tucker were with us...
Charli... no doubt would be mama to them all.
We smiled at the thought.
Then... out of nowhere... Prince Elliott made his own contribution...
"I berry want to see my brothers."
My heart broke for him... it broke for all us Hopefuls.
Often wondering what waters are rising up...
In His wells of remembrance.
His little mind and soul processing so much more than I am aware...
His words... once ripping me open...
Now bring mending.
So thankful He helps us remember...
To see beauty in what feels like stick figures in my Spirit...
He longs for them.
Drawing his heart out on scraps...
Naming the art pictures "his boys."
Unable to share daily affection...
He clings to his stuffed friend that brings security...
Unhindered by logic... 
He offers all he can...
A remembering heart.

We grieve together.
As his momma....
I "berry want" Bud to have brother time... so much.
For now... we enjoy playful portraits of togetherness on the fridge...
Missing... 
Still aching... 
Never forgetting...
Thankful for a little buddy that makes sure of it...
Even over dinner chats.


No comments:

Post a Comment