About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

thunder

As I type this... Ridgegate is alive with thunder...
Thunder... outside... and in our insides...
Stirring has been in full swing in my heart today.
As we wrapped up our wedding "get to's"... my heart struggled.
Pastor leaving hours from now to return to Dayton...
Just a month ago we were in this same place...
Change of address alive on our horizon...
A beautifully welcomed change... 

Today I fight hard to remember the truth of yesterdays covenants... 
Crying out...
Asking Him to help me stay...
Especially as I pass over from celebration...
To...
Remembering the shattered...
This mama bird knows much about the fragility of seed carrying eggs...
Eggs possessing life... and the dreams of the one who bore it...
Today I stand in a spot of remembering...
Not running but feet firmly planted.
Trusting Him in the hurt...
Of what I dreamed and what shattered...
In this place of remembering I will praise...
In thankfulness I will see and sing of the wild beauty sewn...
And lament the premature fruits plucked for divine purpose...
Leaving holes in my garden...
FOR HIM ALONE TO FILL...
For I am His needy little lamb...

Clinging to Him and the words of one my little lambs today...
While doing a little eavesdropping of my own...
I heard my young prince ask his shepherd...
"Daddy, will you teach me about how to be brave?"
I could not have said it better myself...
Asking My Daddy Lion to remove the thunder of doubt in discouragement...
To replace it with courageous roars.

"Please, Daddy, will you teach me about how to be brave... TODAY?"








No comments:

Post a Comment