About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sabbath new

Yesterday...
A"new" for me...
I enjoyed my first Sabbath wedding.
A wedding that has been a long time coming.
A sacred day...
For the bride... for me...
Weddings...
A day for important declarations...
Commitments to love... serve... honor... and submit...
Choosing to see the unseen in the one you love most...
Handholding until Heaven.

Covenants...
Remind us of the heart of  God...
Providing basket-fulls of the glowing miraculous... 
Tangible pedals of His beauty extravagantly lining the way...
To MORE!!!

As He fills... He reminds the growing...
"Remember HOPE!"
"For you carry my likeness."
My heart ached with DEEP joy as I processed...
It was a day FULL of remembering and recounting...
Embracing the beauty of CHANGE.
What a blessing!
Walking down the aisle of life... 
Those you love walking a step ahead...
Making clear paths for The Bride.
Leading to the groom...

It was one of my highest honors...
Supreme burden bearer...
For the One whiter than snow...
Feeling more equipped than ever...
To carry bouquets of fruition wrapped in cords of release...
Bestowing beads of blessing...
To whom I honor...
Aware... that my two princesses are growing fast...
Eyes alive... watching with joy-filled anticipation...
Looking to their momma and other princesses to help pave the way...
Learning about true love in the arms of their Daddy.
So many lessons I am still learning myself...
Thankful to have the opportunity to grow and feed alongside the sweetest Hopefuls I know...
Would our story always be like that of the sunflower...
Forever pointing future generations...
Towards the SON.

Sabbath weddings... 
Something seems extra sacred about entering into the forever...
On a day designed for striving to cease...
Blessed by Good Pastors that carry the load on the Sabbath...
So that others might rest and receive reminders...
Of their own story changing Covenants.

















1 comment:

  1. It was a special day. You describe it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete