About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

signs

Driving today I saw many signs...
Some causing frustration...
Others simply made me chuckle...
Orange and arrow signs...
They are abundant in my life...
Pointing me in directions I hadn't planned on...
Detours...
Always rerouting... aiming me towards change...
Reminding me of the story forever in my heart...
Just when I start to motion towards the seemingly familiar...
I see one of these...
Stopping me dead in my tracks...

Not to mention the "cranks."
They are everywhere...
EVERYWHERE!
Coned off as if to say... "stand back, danger is present... or beware... this might hurt you."
Diggin'
Diggin' 
Diggin'
Wrecking surface matter.
Preparing new ways...
Ripping up lifetimes of old, hard paths.

Most of my days spent waiting for these...
Go-lights.
Always wanting to put pedal to the metal and drive.

Today...
More of a yellow light day.
A day of journeying with strangers.
This a.m. I  prayed for eyes to see... He has given what I asked.
Hours filled with listening to others stories with my eyes...

As I traveled on I saw a youth with a sign...
Begging...
Oh... I too have wrongly labeled myself a beggar.
His sign read...
"Stranded and Ugly, anything helps."
Wow... powerful words that represent our world...
So many... feeling ugly... stranded... willing to settle for ANYTHING.
The young fella.. trying to use cleverness to earn a buck... 
His sign sings ache into my song...
A window into our world that feels hard to peek through.

We are a people driven by distractions...
Settlers for lesser things...
My present temptation...
Leaving my One True Hope by the wayside... 
Straining for...
Blurry, distant signs...
A different orange reading... 
Detours are done and the road work has ended.
Oh... longings of the heart are strong.
Fighting for the fixed today and everyday.
Enjoying the gift of story eyes.
The unhurried path.
A day to celebrate unwanted detours...

My final sign... 
It too speaks to the story of my heart...
Remaining open...
No matter the route.
Not ugly and stranded...
Instead lovely and very much on the transformation journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment