About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

covered

Apparently...
For the next several days this will be my new best friend...
Thanks to my sharing brother I am ready to battle out my itchy mess...
Mowing adventures...surely to blame for my new beauty regimens...
Yep...
I'm covered in it...
Good thing I grew up in a home where I watched my daddy put this stuff on like suntan lotion...
Rarely did I see him in the summer without his pink friend.

Poison ivy... oak... sumac... who knows???
I just know that it itches like crazy, and it's taking over my face.

Learned some things I didn't know about my all too familiar foe today...
Like...
A pinheads worth of urushiol... enough to infect 500 people with the itch...
1/4 of an ounce of that irritant oil... all that is needed to cause a rash on everyone on earth...
Designed to live on almost any surface for 1-5 years.
WOW!  Pretty powerful stuff!

Got me thinking... 
What if my love and hope for Jesus were like that?
What if a pinheads worth of my affection touched the lives of 500...
An ounce of my His heart through me... spread to everyone on earth...
Knowing our God is way more powerful than urushiol.

Oh... I do so hate this itchy stuff...
Tonight it speaks a picture to my soul...
I desire to have a similar impact... not as an irritant...
But an oil none the less...
An oil that reaches into bloodstreams and blesses...
Staying active in the stories of others...years after contact...
Not quite the rouge I would pick...
Still it stirs...
Contagious is very much alive in me and...
Spreading...







No comments:

Post a Comment