About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Father Abraham....

This daughter is humming many songs of thankfulness for Father Abraham today.
His faith... courage... risk and hope...
They speak...  "Keep going" to my weary soul.

This past week... one of the harder faith weeks since our NICU days.
Not sure if what I am fighting off is physical or spiritual, but I feel totally drained.
Seems fitting that Abraham should be my focus...
His testimony increases faith...
Plain and simple.... in all his waitings... twists and turns...
HE BELIEVED...
Abraham was called God's friend.

Pastor and I really chewed on Abraham's story last summer after his firing.
Wondering what it might look like to receive a promise we were physically unable to participate in.
The sons and daughters have a lot to learn from his life of faith...

What must it have been like?
Abraham audibly hearing the wild promises of God?
Trying to make sense of them in his small, little-old mind...
I can't imagine.
It would require a nonsensical faith.
That is where I find myself today...
Not wanting to create an Ishmael of my own because timing isn't lining up the way I dreamed.
I cry out and ask...

He reminds me with markings of truth on the art of my story...
Un-asked-for "Charli scribbles" on the canvas of my life...
She is one of many delightful reminders of God's goodness fulfilled in my life...

Words and scriptures...
Remind of the great RISKS Abraham took to ensure God was enthroned on His rightful place...
Altars... questioning sacrifices... tears... thickets and supernatural offerings...
All important...

This evening as I have continued to process...
Emmiline pointed me back towards MORE PROMISE...
The beauty of Hope...
Growing like red affection perched on Charli's tree.

Wanting to remember Father Abraham's story as I struggle in the moments of my own...
Desiring to see things from a heavenly perspective...

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done…Isaiah 46:10.


Wanting to live out of promises fulfilled... work my way backwards... celebrating the unseen as if it were clear today...

Still much to learn in the growing pains...
Thankful for the Father Abraham's of Faith...
So thankful.












No comments:

Post a Comment