About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

messy joy

It's been awhile...

Life has been pretty much insane since we loaded up...
Packing all that we have been blessed with...
Saying our final farewells to Ridgegate.

As the rain held off and then came hard...
We drove off in a haze towards Faith.

It was a long...
Hard...
Confusingly sad drive for me.
I was tired.
I was happy.
I was sad.
I was cranky...
I was joyful...
I was everything...
I was a MESS!

Much has happened in the 9 days since moving day.
MUCH!

Projects...
Demolitions...
Introductions...
Unpacking...
Reuniting...
Connecting...
Painting...
More painting...
Laughing...
Crying...
Fun...
Frustration...
More frustration...
Heart-knitting...
Extreme thankfulness...
Extreme fatigue...
Messy joy.

Today...
We carved out space.
Sabbath slow... long overdue.

SO...
Against everything in me...
We sat in the midst of the mess...
To make more messes.
Providing a canvas...
For "Glory cloud" art.
Ahh....
The Sabbath.
A day for a different kind of painting...
A day for different kind of tools...
A day for a different focus.
As crafting took place...
Our new subject glowed...
Brighter...
And brighter...
Until it consumed...
All other loves.
Today...
I don't just enjoy the thought of Sabbath...
I NEED SABBATH REST...
Smiles filled with Sabbath Delight.
Which means...
I must allow the tiny hands in my home...
To play...

To create...
To get messy.
Much like my little artist's work...
Joy is birthed in the process of the mess.
And much like Faith...
Starting out with what feels like nothing but wads and messes...
Eventually...
Becomes...
Heaven's playground.
Where strangers are ministered to...
Just by the touching...
And we all receive a little healing...
From the colors that are being blended.
The eyes...
Largely important when keeping the insides healthy and bright.
My job...
It's an important one.
One that goes deeper than just unpacking...
Box after box after box.

Nesting...

It is a high calling.
One that starts with a single twig...
Looking much like a jumbled mess...
But to the mama and her babies...
It is sacred space...
Where messy joy is birthed.
These last days have been long... hard... and some of the best.
Remembering today...
To keep my number one...
Number one.
To the glory of God ALONE.
That is our burn...
On Ridgegate...
At The Rose...
It is MORE of Him...
That we are painting on and in our hearts...
With messy joy...




















No comments:

Post a Comment