About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

hammering

Much hammering has been happening at The Rose...
In the walls...
Into this stubborn-prone heart.
Much like the plaster-filled spaces that surround...
I have resisted what should easily be tapped in.
Oh...
I desire to be a woman with soft... smooth surfaces.
Where truth plunges easily in...
Growing pains...
They are in full swing.
The sounds of hammering have been loud...
And much like these plaster walls...
When the tool strikes... years of hard crackles down the insides.
 
The crackling is scary...
Layers breaking off...
It has potential to stir fear.
Big fear.

In the midst of exposing...
Papa gently uses His best tools to refine.
His tender iron...
The body.
 
Brothers and sisters...
Speaking truth and calling...
Back into...
And back over...
Our story.
 
 And when you encounter...
An on-fire lover of the King...
They not only share truths...
They lay down their lives to help hang it...
Anchoring deep...
Even into the toughest surfaces.
 
Not giving up...
They use their time...
Energy...
Focus...
Heart...
And hands...
Until all edges are straight.

Faith's House...
Currently filled with a lot of crooked art...
A LOT.
I don't love that fact.
But I am blessed...
Time and time again...
By the reminder...
I am not meant to walk alone...
I am meant to journey in community...
This includes...
My Good Pastor...
My smalls...
Extended family...
Neighbors...
And The Church.

Praying that I will see the beauty...
In the "less than perfect..."
Especially...
As I await partnership with the gentle hands...
That will surely come...
Helping to center FAITH...
Back to its rightful place...
The masterpiece of my heart.
Repenting in the hammering today.



No comments:

Post a Comment