About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

all the gaps...

I am remembering words this morning...
Spoken...
Written...
Months ago by Princess Eloise...
"He fills in all the gaps..."

Spending the last few hours recounting.
I have been looking back at the ways He has...
The ways He continues...
To fill.

The biggest fear of my heart...
In regards to moving away from ALL our parents...
Was having no family.
No circle...
To add in...
Where I lack.

As always...
"He who promises is faithful."
I have much to be thankful for.
Not only does He supply the love...
He also supplies the teaching...
In all the ways I fall short...
And, they are many...
He loves to show up...
Sit at my side...
Revealing lifetimes of facts...
Regarding His faithfulness.
These are valuable lessons...
For ALL Hopefuls...
Even the finest pastors.

Truth is...
Learning can be overwhelming...
Remembering...
Even trickier.


He continues to press in...
That which escapes so easily...
It is not all up to me...
To reveal His beauty.

All of Creation has its own motion.
Its own song.
For the hand that made...
Is the SAME hand that forever holds.
YESTERDAY...
TODAY...
FOREVER.

When my picture of Him seems out of focus...
It's not him...
But me that has moved.
Another opportunity to refocus...
My eyes back...
On The teacher.
Still very aware of the gaps...
Ones beyond my control...
As well as...
Ones I create.

So thankful for grace...
The knowledge that it's not all up to me...
For His invitation...
To REMAIN...
A little girl...
In Her Daddy's covering.

No comments:

Post a Comment