About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

steps...

Steps of change...
Adjustment...
And hurry were painted quickly...
As we prepared for the smalls to arrive...
Early in the day.
Too early...
For Faith's house to be pulled together.
My heart was thankful for surprise calls of willing helpers.
Oh... how I was thankful.

The crew was spread out and everywhere...
Working fast and furious...
It was a high need situation.
They saw and fully entered in.

With finishing touches being made...
Pathways to joy being primed...
Working shoes getting lost in the shuffle...
I clanked quickly in different orange kicks.
Offering our best to ready Faith...
Until we heard the long-awaited knock.

Joy exploded...
Giggles gushed...
The answers I had prayed for had arrived...
Pastor's job...
Our new home...
Togetherness.
The smalls were overjoyed...
This mama said an extra prayer of thanks for her tender prince...
Who seemed delighted by his new house...
When just days earlier he had decided he didn't want to move.

It was a big moment.
I was happy.
I was tired.
I was heavy with thought.

We gave a tour of progress...
Showing them their shared spaces...
And...
Secret spy places...
Just for little boys...
With struggling hearts.
Even in joy...
I know what it is like to struggle.
Often...
I would like a small cabinet to climb into and hide.

Yes...
This day was a long awaited dream come true...
But it also marks new learning...
Lots of new learning.

As Pastor headed back to work that night.
Smalls cried.
I felt scared.
New rooms for smalls...
New sleeping set ups...
Different toilet situations...
NEW...
I know...
Not a big deal but it felt big to me.

Change... often a beautiful thing.
But it tempts me to return to fear.

Claiming truth over this season of learning...
Returning to faith's truths...
His perfect love casts out ALL fear...
Even my crazy fears!
Remembering there is always deep joy and confidence...
When I keep my eyes fixed on Him who is invisible.

Still much to learn...
Taking it one step at a time.

















1 comment:

  1. Oh Beautiful Daughter of the King, your words are a precious gift. Yes, just this day as I shepherded the 18 Memory Disciples I looked again at Hebrews 11 and prayed for each of you to have eyes to see, fixed on the invisible. So many prayers and love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete