About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, October 19, 2012

deposit...

Deposit...
Normally when I hear this word...
I get excited.
Who doesn't love a good deposit?

It is 3:35 A.M.
My body is quite tired, but my Spirit is awake.
Don't be misled.
I didn't hear the audible voice of God beckoning...
My senses were aroused by something far different.

An aroma...
A sour stench...
Wafting through the walls...
It appeared that this little princess had made a deposit of her own.
How does her cute, little body...
Make a stinky so big?
How did it travel...
Straight into our room....
Literally waking me from my slumber?

It got me thinking...
We spend our entire lives...
Hiding from the messes we make...
Training our eyes to lock out the unpleasant.
Pretending...
They no longer exist.

Truth is...

We are all professional "mess makers."
The key...
Knowing how to filter and deposit the mess.

It would be cruel of me...
To never train our smalls how to handle their messes.
Potty training in and of itself is a picture of love...
Even in the spiritual realm.

What is stirred in my heart as the remnant of stench still lingers...
He never asks me to walk in perfection...
And He NEVER leaves me in my mess...
He simply asks me to walk in the greatest...
His love.

And as I grow...
I learn how to filter...
Better able to deposit...
All that is good within...
And...
Flushing down...
All that is waste.

Instead of hiding...
Perhaps simple laughter...
And learning are the key.

I want to be a world changer...
That doesn't mean messes are no longer made by my hand.

Most days I am the biggest mess maker I know.
But when the enemy tries to make deposits of his own...
I will fight back...
Not being defined by the mess.
I choose...
To be His daughter...
Resting in His deposit of love that surpasses all.
Causing a growing desire for cleanliness and purity.
Praying my aroma would not be that of dirty diapers.








No comments:

Post a Comment