About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

secret

Wanna know a secret???
Most days I am tempted to believe lies...
Untruths that SHOUT...
"You are just a bunch of craziness..."
 
Hands all over...
In all sorts of miscalculated places...
Not really offering...
ANYTHING THAT MATTERS. 

Thankful for The Good Papa...
Always spelling out my name so sweetly.
In the midst of the lies I battle...
He is not only a warrior for my name...
But also my heart.
Crazy enough...
He thinks I am terrific.
And since He makes ALL things glorious...
I am learning to agree.

I wonder why it is so easy to see and call out the beauty we see in others...
And so difficult to do the same for ourselves?

It must hurt The Creator when we don't value ALL that He has made.
When we pick apart...
Only celebrating portions...
Instead of His totality.

Leading most...
Towards the most miserable of paths.
Always feeling less than...
Always comparing.
Always fighting with our flesh.

I have spent a good portion of my life on this very path.
Thankful to say The Holy Spirit has rerouted...
Leading me onward...
Towards that which is more honoring.

He Helps keep these wandering eyes...
Fixed...
On The Heart Whisperer...
For... He is always looking at me...
With love and GREAT JOY.

And...
Even when my view slips back to being a little wacky...
He is ALWAYS calling me "lovely..."
Even better...
He calls me His.

Wanna know another secret???
That fact makes the little girl inside...
Scream...
"YAHOO!"








No comments:

Post a Comment