About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

always hopeful

It's been a little over a week...
Since the Hopefuls have come together under one roof.
Some moments filled with deep joy...
Others just deep moans...
Mostly from smalls feeling uncertain when Pastor leaves...
Which has been more often than the norm due to conferences.

Overall...
It has been fun for my heart to see settling take place.
Roles reassumed...
Meals shared "picnic style."
It is a gift to see the smalls be smalls.
And as we are joined together...
The power of His story...
 Through our name...
Grows more vivid...
As we let His light shine through...
The windows of our tent.

So...
We continue to hang truth on Faith...
Leveling out all crooked spaces...
On the walls and in our hearts.
Because life doesn't stop for a move...
And I don't want to miss what is MOST important...
Though I often have...
I often do.

I have been known to have a "Martha" mindset...
But I still very much have Mary's heart...
So living it all out feels heavy and hard.

Because it's in these moments...
That life really happens.
Oh... I long with ache not to miss a single one.
Very aware I already have.

So...
As my little ones write love...
To loves back home...
I write my raggedy heart...
As a drink offering to The King.
Pastor and I are just two people...
Trying to raise a family...
Under one roof...
Learning...
Teaching...
Apologizing...
Believing...
Loving...
Declaring...
Crying out...
Unpacking each and every box...
And...
Proclaiming.
Hanging on with all the strength He has provided...
To the message...
He has written in white...
Onto the black... dark... story boards of our lives...
Hope!
Always hopeful!
Not entertaining defeat or lies...
Pushing it in deep today...
Wearing it like a pin...
As a people...
As a family...
We have been called to be carriers of hope.









No comments:

Post a Comment