About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, October 22, 2012

yesterday

Yesterday...
Papa created space.
While having a leisurely chat with our new neighbor...
She asked the names of our smalls.

I went around...
Pointing with smiles...
Naming the gifts we have been entrusted with.
One by one.

She smiled, and we pressed on in conversation.

When... all of a sudden.
I heard a small voice coming from below.
It was this little prince...
With a concerned voice...
He stated...
"Mom, don't forget about Lincoln and Tucker."
It was a painful gift.
It was an opportunity for me...
And for our new neighbor.
An opportunity for shared story.

The story of our boys...
It's a hard one.
One I am forever mending from...
But it is not one I run from.
And though time and space have created distance...
 
It has really just enticed me to run harder towards The Water Source.
Yes, we have a new dwelling place.
A place unmarked with our past sufferings...
 
But it's the people...
Not the dwelling place that carry.

No doubt...
Our boys live on.
Reminders of their lives are everywhere...
Everywhere!
In our hearts...
On our walls...
Weaved all through our story.

Out of the mouths of babes...
Come invitations.
Tearfully... I accept.

I choose to share...
I  choose to remember...
Those I love and long to hold.
And the beauty that continues to come from ashes.

Heavy-hearted...
Blessed...
And thankful...
For yesterday and today.
And tomorrow's opportunity that surely awaits...
To share our story...
That He is truly good...
All the time.




1 comment:

  1. Precious. Out of the mouths of babes. How very sweet. Remembering with you, friend. Treasured, treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete