About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Monday, October 8, 2012

wait

It was dark when I finally arrived at The Rose.
Doing what I had longed to do for so many months...
I turned the key and walked in.
This was a big moment for me...
Awaiting me was a gift...
Marking time.

Stirring up in my memory...
All the minutes and hours that have been counted down...
Leading me to this very moment.

This season...
In which I was born to sing...
The new song... 
That has been placed in our hearts.

As I sat in the semi-dark...
Waiting for Pastor to join...
Papa reminded me that He has been busy in the hearts here...
Creating room in the hidden spaces of others...
Affirming affection...
Forming family.

Shortly after my arrival...
A woman that leaks love and Joy...
Brought care and sleeping items.
Her presence...
Marked connection...
The best gift of all.
A warm hug and a smile...
From the King.
I was so thankful.

We slept in our kitchen that night.
Seems important that the first room we received rest from...
Is the very place intended for the hungry to be fed.

The light of morning came early...
There was much to do and my mind was ready.
A team of love showed up to help tackle all that needed to be done.
SO SO SO much to be done.

Under beautiful skies...
We unloaded our belongings from one box....
To another.
With too many projects going on inside...
The house...
And my heart...
I remained a lady in waiting.

Projects were EVERYWHERE...
As was...
The help.
Family love from Knoxville and Dayton joined forces...
Ministering to Faith...
Ministering to me.

As shelves of support were getting new faces...
And... the Smalls' floors were getting new traces.
No area of Faith was left unmarked.
Pastor's heart-work...
Months of planning and preparing were finally coming together...
Under one roof.

And though this was my view from every window...
A lifetime of story yet to be unloaded...

I had to wait.
Wait for foundations to be prepared...
So that new steps might lead the path...
For our family to stand firm on more of His promises...
And DECLARE...
Who He is...
Singing His song of Goodness on all the walls of Dayton...
And the WORLD.

Moving is big time...
Leaving family is hard...
Being invited into new family is sacred.
Waiting... forever a part of my story.

Singing today...
Tired...
But singing.
Waiting and wondering...
What awaits me in the next box.







1 comment:

  1. Praying for your family! So thankful for how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete