About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, July 27, 2012

sarah

Been thinking a lot about Sarah...
Brother Abraham's wife.
Her faith story is an amazing one.
It blesses me over an over again...
Not only confined to the old testament...
Her life of hope and obedience is laced through the new as well.
Like post-its to remind.
I am student of Sarah.
Especially as 1 Peter speaks of her unique beauty.
Encouraging my mind and heart to seek loveliness of the same caliber.
Not outward pearls of adornment...
But the imperishable.
A gentle and quiet spirit...
A submissive and obedient heart unto my husband...
Not fearing anything that is frightening...
This rare beauty...
Precious in God's sight.
She accepted her invitation... to live by wild faith...
One I also want to RSVP a giant YES to.
To live from the end... not the beginning that her eyes beheld.
She stood firm...
Believing similar promises spoken in Isaiah...
"Behold, I am doing a new thing...
That they might declare my praise."

Scripture teaches...
I am a daughter of Sarah...
If I follow in her footsteps.

Choosing arms wide open...
Living in expectation...
That His promises will fill...
Just like He did with Sarah...
Outnumbering grains of sand on the shore.


No comments:

Post a Comment