About Us

Not too much to say (at least not yet)... no long list of credentials... just a story that's worth sharing. I'm Adam Vaughan. My wife, Kelly, will also be sharing. We have 6 children. Our two sons, Lincoln and Tucker, have gone to be with the Lord. The remaining four with us are Emmiline, Eloise, Elliott and Charli. Charli is a triplet. Her brothers Lincoln and Tucker are identical twins. They're dancing with Jesus right now, and they're not sad about it at all!

Friday, July 13, 2012

the charm...

Hope has been stirred hard over on Ridgegate.
A second offer came calling yesterday.
A fair offer...
Unfortunately... it had a contingency we couldn't entertain.
We countered... they walked.

Of course...
The ups and downs of hope are felt.
Our eyes have leaked a good bit today...
As we enter into another day of wait.
Pastor headed towards Honduras.
It will be a lengthy separation.
The smalls feel achy and the Prince wept hard.
The momma bird sings tearful songs right along with her babes.
Trying to sew encouragement back into the nest.

Princess Emmiline is a super sleuth...
When things seem unclear...
She researches truth...
Longing for answers...
The Hopefuls are wide-eyed and attentive...
She offers out of what she sees.
She proclaims.
With childlike faith she speaks...
"The third time is the charm."
"Remember mom?"
"Charli is the third."
"We have the 3 trees in the backyard."
"We have had two offers... the third... "
Smiling with Big Faith...
"It will be the charm!"
Ahhh... good hope words for my soul.

Just a few short weeks ago...
While doing some of my "get to's..."
I was talking to Papa about birds of release...
My heart was playful as I saw two identical birds on our roof line.
With a bantering spirit I said...
"Those must be birds of release."
I looked away... my heart pressing deeper into discussion...
"Papa, I know 3 is a "yes and amen" number...
If they are messengers of release... please send a third."
Wildly... I looked up...
A triplet bird appeared and settled on Ridgegate.
I giggled and sang songs of thanks.
I was giddy.
Our God loves to play.
He's the best!

In the midst of discouragement...
The Spirit reminded me of that Daddy/Daughter encounter.
It has brought renewed hope as we continue in the wait.
Watching for that 3rd bird to return.
Carrying the final contract of release.

Focusing on truth words each and every second.
Words that poured out of my Spirit...
Just last week out of worship and rest.


Keeping our eyes fixed on the bigger picture.
We thank Him for all things...
All!

Our home will sell.
This momentary disappointment...
It's just another opportunity to be drawn more fully to HIM.
Choosing praise in the discouragement...
Even if it's tearful praise.
Certain that as we continue on in the race...
The charm isn't so much about reaching the finish line...
As it is... finishing WELL.
May this be true of us I cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment